Sunday, February 28, 2010

Regained my lost Independence from my phone!

SPARK TRAILZZZ!

Somehow I felt my life depended on my phone and my facebook
I love it when my phone rings cos it makes me feel like someone just thought about me
And if I read posts and comments on FB, I feel deeply connected
Then if I get a mail on Yahoo or Facebook or even my office mailbox, I feel important
A serious part of something
Anyways, after talking to a friend on Friday
I was just smiling sheepishly to myself
And it struck me like a thunderbolt, my happiness has been coming
Not from within but from outside, from my phone
And somehow I have let my modern technology determine how I smile
How important I feel about myself, my daily programmes, just how I live my sweet life
OK, so my friend said he was gonna call back?
I just took my phone, pressed my power button and off my phone went
Lets see if I will be happy on my own
I have always prided myself on my independence
Time to see if I am truly as independent as I claim to be
Because if I lack the power to my own happiness
Just how independent am I?

So this morning I am all smiles,
I looked inside me this weekend, I searched my soul real hard
And somehow everything that I have left unattended to, I had time to think on it
After staying at home and having a really wonderful time going out by myself
I realised that, Yes, I have lost a little of my most cherished independence to my phone
And have failed to simply just enjoy life itself
I discovered that the guy who does my weaves atimes is gay and very conscious of being judged Hence his attack on me for something very trivial
He just plain stated '...I don't care if you call me a...FFAAAGGGGG!'
Jeez, how could I not have seen? I just had myself a good laugh
I even noticed that the guy who sells my dvds to me has a lovely smile and clearly digs me
' who would have thought?'
And that I missed One Tree Hill so much that I finished Season Seven one day!
And totally understood again why my friends think Brooke is so me
And that I have put a lot of things on serious PAUSE for my phone
So I just kicked back and had a swell time, laughed and shared my life with people that really matters to me
And it felt soooooooooo good
Not that my phone doesn't matter
Its just that...well... I love my independence and I was just proving a point to me
So my phone is now on people...just give me a ring
I really missed you all!
... And well, You will still make me very happy!

1 comment:

  1. nice one!!! very deep and really nice of u, only that i wonder abt ur dvd guy!lol

    ReplyDelete