Wednesday, February 17, 2010

NOW THAT'S LOVE!

SPARK TRAILZZZ!



My cousin asked just today, ' How do you know you are in love'.
Been asking this question myself.

I mean if my palms sweat and I feel butterflies and I race towards you like my feet were feathers and when I look in your eyes, I lose my tongue and stutter when I finally find it, am I in love with you?

If I always compromise all my standards and sacrifice most things for you, I practically like lick you boots and do everything to stay your bright eyed angel, Is that really love?

I mean, love is sacrificial and compromises a lot. Like all those novel-like feelings is all very, very romantic, agreed
Like if I have all these butterflies and my heart skips. I gosh over my words and get lost in your eyes and get drenched in your voice. I could stay up late talking to you on the phone when I just said good bye to you and I need wake up for 5am in the morning. Like I hug you laughing and crying and you are saying to yourself, 'she has darn well lost her mind'.
That's all so romantic and all. Yeah, yeah, that could be love. But there's more...

Love is a comfortable feeling and like all human feelings, very, very unstable. I mean, I don't wanna be someone else in love. I would still wanna be myself. Of course compromises are good but come on people, if I compromise even myself into the bargain, who am I then? You wanted to be in love with me anyways and if you wanted a perfect angel, go to heaven!

So let me run to you and hold you tight
Let me cry and laugh or do both at once
Let me let my hair tussle up and skip the make up

Let me even scream and nag and plain wanna smash your dumb head in because you just don't get how much you mean to me (of course I shouldn't over do that. Ha ha!)


Let me be quiet for a while and chat up the dead when its in me ( am a parrot too sometimes)
Let me just be me around you
Hey, just hold on, I will be your angel in a bit but heck! I want to be just a lil' she devil for a while...

And when am done with being just me, I look back at you and your love shines with so much love, more than the day you first said you love me
And I promise to love you just the same way, That's love.
The promise to be with you unconditionally and you being with me? That's love right there!

A wise man once told me that love is like a cup
It fills up and up and up and up and then it start flowing over
Then we start drowning in it. That's when we feel it the most.
The tides are so strong and then it gets spent with our various challenges.
It never empties but its not so full anymore
He then lowers his voice and says, '...today, we are up up up up baby, Let's enjoy it and don't be afraid to get it spent for new and fresh rain is coming.' NOW THAT'S LOVE!

Love is the highest of highs and the lowest of lows and me being me and you being you and us being together through it all. THAT'S LOVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment