Thursday, February 25, 2010

I wanna fake die?

SPARK TRAILZZZ!

What is it with we Nigerians?
I mean, why aren't we just real and open and even plain straight?
I seriously think that most of our problems stem from our constant inability to tell ourselves the truth and just stop creating false air around us.
And even when others just get real and do their own thing the way they feel about it,
We run them down and make them wish they never got real.
We don't talk about sex and even when someone does, we run them down
Like we all don't get into it and because we don't talk about it in the right way
Not during jesting sessions, we do the thing wrongly
We go to church and even live next door to all kinds of religious home
However, we are the dirtiest minded people
With all sorts of scam lodging in our head
If you come out plain and talk about your weaknesses
Instead of help you build strength to overcome them,
People just act like you are the devil himself
As if every man isn't born with a measure of weakness
Seriously! He who has no sin cast the first stone.
I have read a lot of Nigerian articles
And all the time I can't help seeing how much doused in hypocrisy they are
Normal sins we all just commit everyday like lie, gossip and even cheating
Gets talked about like the writer was writing from the gates of heaven
Come on! Who are we fooling? Ourselves?
I am sure its ourselves we are fooling and not others around us
Because if you are like me that have a way of making people open up and talk
And if you hear the things that very self righteous people have to say
Trust me, You will be like me right now
Angry at our baggage of deceits and over pretentiousness.
I am not promoting evil with my blog
God forbid! But I am just saying
Openness might be the key to solving all our individual issues
And possibly our Nationality issues
Everyone wants to be seen as what they are not
Everyone wants to be perceived as an angel
What we don't know is that we reek of evil.
Don't tell me you don't enjoy sex with that self righteous frown on your face.
Just because it makes you look good, so why do you do it
Don't tell me you never told a lie to get something or look better.
Because even pastors lie from time to time
Why crucify KC Presh just because he said Ijeoma's ring is worth $20,000
Didn't Jay Z also tell us how much Beyonce's ring was worth?
Can't we just let our starts be stars? Na wa
Stop there now, Don't tell me 'She is pregnant' looking like she has leprosy
Damn! How many abortions have you had?
And how many girls have you impregnated?
So you wanna look good by living a double life?
If you have cancer and you cover it up
You will die eventually without even trying Chemo
So our president is back, dead or alive we still don't know
All cause of the seat of power
Is this inborn, would we continue being what we are not
Good people Great Nation? Giant of Africa?!
So who are we?
Its high time we got down to being open about so many things and finding solutions
And not patching things up with bogus names and fake actions
Or our children will grow up and learn from others how to be
Then more Abdul Mutallab will surface
How can we deal with that then if we don't do the right things now?
Please, LET'S GET REAL!

...And see me typing away, as if am any better
A friend once said '...All na hype...'
And you know what? I believe him
Because am guilty of this sin too.
I wanna fake die?

No comments:

Post a Comment