Thursday, August 12, 2010

I wake up one morning and I am suddenly a woman! Scary!

SPARK TRAILZZZ!

OK, OK, I hate to laugh at myself but then again
If I laugh at myself first then others will feel its a joke
And laugh with me
At least, not at me, Thank God!
OK, that's what I tell myself when I start writing these blogs about me.
Recently, I have just been struggling with all the many changes in my life
New business, new relationship status, new way of life and the most annoying, new weight
But this blog isn't about all my issues
Its about suddenly waking up and realizing all too suddenly
I AM NO LONGER A GIRL, AM ALL GROWN!

For me, it was a rude awakening
You see, am this playful girl who loves to just be playful and happy
Oh, not that I don't know that life isn't a big game board,
No, not that at all but I just love to stay away from too many damned issues and just be happy
So you see why I feel like my arse got stung rudely by a bee in my blissful sleep
YES, so am wide awake now
With a new business, my business
Going around being serious, calculating, praying even
Yeah, seriously praying and that's new to me too
My mum, she does all the prayers in my family
I just sleep knowing,...Of course am covered by her prayers
But now, all too suddenly I seriously pray, I even spent four whole days in a camp meeting praying
That's the seriousness of my realization!
Then there is this business
I spend time and time, pouring over and going through my business plan
I spend sleepless nights doing research
Boy, I miss my midnight Romantic novels and late night Romantic comedy series!
I pour over books on marketing
I spend endless hours just going over sales records
Just adding and subtracting
Phone calls that have nothing to do with movie nights and dates
Smiling even when I don't want to, just so my customers will have a smile on their lips too
Then there is the man
Wonderful and loving
But God, he is just a man
Wont always see things my way
And I also have to try and see things from his own perspective  
And I have to respect him and his feelings
Did I mention the constant annoyance of not giving out my number and going to wonderful dates with cute looking guys
Jeez, I can't even flirt and the guys I meet these days lack that exciting glow of being potentials...
I also have to be nice to my man's family too
And say things that sound womanly and wise,
We all know am wise but sounding like my aunties and mum?
Bugger that! I wince listening to myself sometimes

So here I am with this business, a man, prayers and a new family
And I remember when I used to say 'when I grow up'
And all of a sudden, am all grown up
I don't know if I like being grown up
But here I am with my rude rude awakening
All grown up with responsibilities
I am a woman!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATION MY LITTLE BABY WISHING U ALL THE AS U ENTER STAGE IN LIFE


    Segee

    ReplyDelete